Thursday, December 16, 2010

Standley (No. 88, 2012) commits to North Texas

photo

Preston Standley, of Plano, Texas, has given a verbal commitment to play golf for head coach Brad Stracke at the University of North Texas.

Standley, who is ranked No. 88 in the 2012 class and the third-best 2012 player from Texas, made unofficial visits to Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Houston before deciding on North Texas.

“I chose the University of North Texas to continue my golf career for many reasons,” Standley said. “It is the largest university in my region and the third largest in the state of Texas.?North Texas?is a top-30-ranked program and will no doubt continue to challenge for a national championship for years to come. The program and facilities are some of the best in the nation, and I feel that Coach Stracke will elevate my game and help me reach all my goals in golf. I can’t wait to start playing for him.”

Standley, who attends Plano West High School, recorded a pair of top-20 finishes in AJGA events this past year and three top-5s in Texas junior events.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured site: So, Why is Wikileaks a Good Thing Again?.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment